Please make sure /etc/default/grub has CMDLINE option “net.ifnames=0″and update-grub. Else network interface willnot be up
1. telnet password for D-link Router
I am getting my own router first thing Monday. meanwhile, hiding this LAN segment from my network to the internet.
2. VLAN for PPPOE
- VLAN ID 500
3. VLAN for HyppTV
- VLAN ID 600
4. Hidden VLAN to user segment with bridge to VLAN ID 1
- VLAN ID 209
5. RIPV2 Protocol not supported
6.my IPS and IDS Screamed like hell on the Ethernet level.
7. D-link modem has bad bandwidth
8. If you are connecting the ONU to your own linux router (ubuntu based), use the following inside your /etc/network/interfaces
iface unifi2 inet ppp
pre-up /sbin/vconfig add eth1 500
pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth1.500 up
pre-up /sbin/vconfig add eth1 600
pre-up /sbin/ifconfig eth1.600 up
iface br6 inet dhcp
bridge_port eth1.600 eth2
9. Clamp MSS to PMTU do not work, have to set MTU to 1460 or below. seems to be optimised to 1460 or 1459 on TM’s side
This is a challenging feat! An old friend just posted this challenge to me. Let’s see how this goes!